- Used on heavy straight lift fire curtains to slow the last few feet of descent. May be needed to meet code require- ments that the last 8 feet of travel take 5 or more seconds.
- Provides 10' of damping using a double purchased 5' piston.
- 12" diameter sheave for 3/8" dashpot cable.
- The dashpot is rigged in a double purchase arrangement with a cable which is snatched by the fire curtain arbor when the curtain is nearing the floor. The dashpot cable pulls on the sheave at the top of the piston rod of the hydraulic cylinder. A fluid flow adjusting valve is preset to provide the appropriate retarding force on the piston, braking the descent of the curtain. The piston and cylinder automatically release the oil to return the unit to an "at rest condition" when the curtain is raised.
- 016-410L used for curtains up to 3,500 lbs.
- 016-411L used for curtains up to 1,250 lbs.
- Custom units available.
|016-410L||Hydraulic Dashpot, Heavy Duty||3,500 lb||200 lb|
|016-411L||Hydraulic Dashpot, Standard Duty||1,250 lb||115 lb|
RWL is based on an 8:1 safety factor.
|RWL: RWL is maximum load that can be applied to a block which is in "like new" condition and has been properly installed, maintained and operated.|