Titan lives up to its intimidating name by featuring very high capacities, travels and speeds. This is a true high-performance hoist that is manufactured to fit your requirements yet provides the economic benefits of an “off the shelf” system. Titan’s high-capacity (up to 3,300 lb [1,496 kg]) make it perfect for electrics and scenery sets. High speeds (up to 650 fpm) make it ideal for scenery and drapery sets. Titan has a zero-fleet design that helps it fit in your theatre space. When not just any hoist will do, take the step up to Titan. The dual braking system and quality components ensure that Titan will work safely and reliably for years to come. J.R. Clancy’s SceneControl Motion Control Systems make operating your Titan easy and precise.
View Comparison Chart
- Speed: Up to 650 fpm
- 8 Line: 90'-0" max batten travel
- 10 Line: 67'-0" max batten travel
- Gross Cap.: Up to 3,300 lbs. (1,496 kg)
- Max batten length: 96' (29 m)
- A high-performance hoist for large performing arts centers
- Perfect for applications requiring large capacity, speed and/or long travel
- Can be manufactured to your requirements
- Can be mounted horizontally, vertically or upright to fit your space
- Load sensing and slack line safety features standard.
- Ideal for lighting, scenery and acoustic shell ceilings
Titan works with the entire range of J.R. Clancy’s SceneControl family of consoles or push button controls.
Customized to Meet Your Unique Performance Needs
Sample Configuration: Speed 0–360 fpm (0–1.8 m/s). Capacity 2000 lbs. (909 kg), up to 8 lift lines @ 90 ft. (27.4m).
- Integrated gearmotor and brake provide proven reliability and feature an iron case for vibration and noise control
- Reliable head block with nylon sheaves provide long, trouble- free life and meet or exceed wire rope manufacturer recommendations
- Zero-fleet design allows for a compact, efficient hoist. Preloaded chase rollers ensure cables stay in grooves.
- Closed loop vector drives provide pinpoint accuracy
- A complete suite of load and safety features is available including slack line, over/under load, and cross-groove detection. Load monitoring, acoustic dampening, and safety covers can also be added.
- Hoists can be mounted vertically or horizontally. For theatres without grids, vertical mounting can save space and offers easier access for maintenance.
- Steel backbone adapts to your mounting and load requirements
Designed for Safety
Designed and manufactured by J.R. Clancy, a company with over 130 years of rigging expertise.
- Dual braking system with a primary brake on the motor and a completely independent SureBrake® II operating directly on the drum shaft. SureBrake II is spring applied and electrically released for maximum safety.
- Emergency-stop system meets NFPA 79 (Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery) with ramped stops to reduce mechanical shock loads
- Two levels of limit switches with normal travel and overtravel switches using separate, redundant circuits for added security
- Loft block idlers contain individual grooves to keep lines contained, prevent tangles and eliminate rubbing of adjacent lines
- Touch-safe interior of all electrical enclosures guards to prevent contact with live components, per IEC 204-1 Protection
CAD Files: Titan System Drawing – 8 Lines & 10 Lines
Please call your Wenger | J.R. Clancy representative so we can thoroughly understand your needs in order to provide the best solution and estimate.